Friday, October 21, 2005

 

It's Okay to disagree!

Okay, so I was blogging somewhere else and I posted that I was watching the Madonna documentary "I'm going to tell you a secret" and a fellow blogger indicated that they thought she was "chameleon-like and as phony as her Jewish heritage and British accent".

So I replied--

As far as my opinion of Madonna: She's a college dance student from Detroit who quit college and lived on the streets of NYC and then caught a lucky break. Then she sang "Like a Virgin" and hit the big time. I have respected her chameleon like changes and have always been a fan of her music. Then when she came out with"Truth or Dare" and all the religious nuts came out of the woodwork, I said "You go girlfriend". Anyway, that's my story. And yes, her songs were the first I ever heard in my first time in a gay bar, so I may be a lil' bit jaded!


Comments:
How funny sister, my favorite Birmingham drag queen friend was named Dora DeVille! Now I know we really are twins separated at birth.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?