Thursday, November 10, 2005

 

Exile, I hope you don't mind--

One of my favorite fellow members of the gay and lesbian community and I share an anonymous connection. We know what it is!

You may have checked out Exile's blog by my link to their blog. I love their take on all things relating to the daily struggles that we in the GLBT community deal with daily especially during this MISadministration that we currently have to deal with. Well the other day they posted a wonderful historical entry of all the famous gays and lesbians that have contributed to the greater society as a whole. It was a wonderful list of historical figures, some I knew and some I did not. Thanks Exile, by the way for updating my internal gay encyclopedia! Well this post of theirs seemed to get some heated comments from someone who disagreed with their take on things. Yeah! Another Bush koolaid drinking social conservative who disagreed with any of us in society who may be different getting any "special" civil rights. You know, just like that black lady who refused to give up her seat on the bus. Isn't that so 60"s? Well I just had to post her response to one of those comments (because I could not have said it better):

"Let's see, we also forgot to add Mark Bingham to our list, one of the heros of Flight 93 on that fateful 9/11, that kept his plane from potentially slamming into a government building, is also a gay man.I'm sure by saving countless lives he made no contribution to "man."I'm sure only those that squirt out babies or the semen in the effort to make babies make a contribution.Yet, this contribution can come in the form of the next Son of Sam or Ted Bundy. Contributions don't always come from what develops between your legs. Sometimes it's from between your ears, from the pen in your hand, from the words from your mouth, and from the love in your heart.I contribute through my love to another human being and add value to this world and to the lives of the people I meet through my deeds and words.I can't make anyone see that I deserve anything, just by being me, and especially when someone refuses to see the validity of my life. Simply because I don't want to marry a man and have his baby, this makes me less valid is some people's eyes and those are minds I'll never change, no matter what is said or what proof is given. It's conversations like that which are not worth continuing.They will also NEVER see or if they see NEVER care that they deny another person their "pursuit of happiness." A pursuit which does not harm another. However, if you turn the tables and demanded a popular vote on issues that would affect or impact their personal lives, it would be terribly discriminatory and unfair of us to vote on their personal lives.After all, what would happen if we could vote on these amendments?Your first spouse maintains all rights to your finances and property in the event of your adultery, not your 2nd spouse, 3rd spouse, 4th spouse, ad nauseum and any children begetted from your adulterous affair, whether it later becomes a marriage, will not be rewarded with medical coverage or financial gain-only children from your first marriage will have a right to this benefit.If caught in an adulterous affair, you will be publicly lashed, forced to pay fines related to mental anguish to your spouse and your children, and then spend a year in jail for every year you cheated and/or for every affair you had. If caught in an adulterous affair, you will lose unsupervised visitation rights with your children and visitations will only be allowed at the non-adulterous spouses discretion and can be revoked at any time.I would personally enjoy voting on these. Turn about is fair play. Then again, I'm monogamous so these amendments wouldn't affect me even if I was married. I can see where a straight person can get off on someone else's pain. The whole "yeah, we'll teach them a lesson" mentality.Hmmm, well, how sad that someone feels it necessary to spend their time trying to make someone else SO miserable!"



Comments:
Red State Exile, I tried to make this post as anonymous as possible. I hope you don't get mad that I included your personal response. Mwah! Love you like my lost luggage! (wow, didn't know I was so gay!) yeah, really i did! LOL
 
He certainly has a way with words - great post!
 
Love you like my lost luggage!

Now THAT, I have never been told before by a gay man! MWAH!!! Bacatcha, honey!

I feel so special now! ;)
 
I think we should put Callie and Robertson in the same room and let them duke it out. If Callie wins, we get gay marriage.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?