Thursday, November 10, 2005

 

Just Zack!


A couple of weekends ago, I was babysitting the 10 year-old nephews while mom and dad were working and housesitting. They also have an 18 year-old brother, Zack. Well Zack was getting ready to go to his girlfriend's high school play and he came out dressed to the nines in khaki pants, a nice white shirt and this cool pink and purple and black sleeveless argyle sweater vest. It had big pink triangles on the pattern.

"Uncle Tony, does this look too gay?" he asks.

"No, Zack, I think it looks good!" I replied.

"That's what I thought, too. Everybody else said it looked gay."

So he proceeded to go to the play and I didn't think anything else about it until the next day when I retold the episode to my sister and brother-in-law and we all had a huge chuckle about it. My brother-in-law, David, said that I should have said, "No Zack, that is just the right amount of Gay." And I would have, had I been faster with my wit.

So this brings me to the reason for this post. Tonight I am watching "Will & Grace" and lo and behold Jack (Just Jack!) is wearing the same sweater vest! Exactly! I cannot wait to tell my nephew, Zack, that YES I should have stopped him from wearing that vest that fateful night out. I am sure his friends (IF they watched TV tonite) will give him hell. But he thinks having a gay uncle is pretty cool so it will probably not matter much. To him, anyway.

Comments:
Thanks for sharing that, Tonito. I think it's the best thing you've posted since I've been reading.
 
VERY cute story!!

Altough ... I don't know about this "best you've posted" stuff. I've seen some pretty tasty eye candy here and those posts rival this one for the "best post" award. :)
 
That's hilarious! Dang...kids are wearing sweatervests again? I had no idea. I don't want to date myself but the last sweater vest I wore was in 7th grade! It was also a snazzy pastel pink argyle number. Looked terrific with my pastel striped button down (shot through with silver threads, of course) and my baby pink satin bow tie.

It's always important to have just the right amount of gay, I think.

And thanks for the visit! I'll totally be back!
 
Haven't you heard that gay is the new straight? Or maybe they're calling it metrosexual these days. God bless the Beckham.
 
Hey - having a gay uncle IS cool - I just hope my Grandson thinks, when I tell him, that having a gay grandfather is cool...

GREAT post!

Good luck against Georgia - I am pulling for you all!
 
I don't know about this "best you've posted" stuff.

:)

Just so you know Stollie - it's the age, not the orientation that leads me to say that. ;)

A matronly looking Madonna has just the right amount of sweetness to my eyes.
 
As an insider, I can honestly say that Uncle Tony could actually use a little more gay in him. So if there are any cute, single men out there...
 
:)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?