Friday, November 11, 2005

 

Lions, Tigers, and Bears (Oh My!)--

Tonight I was over at sis's house staying with the nephews while mom and dad went to visit some friends and have a pre-birthday celebration for my sis. Sista' turns 42 tomorrow and we are gonna have the official party tomorrow nite. But tonight they were invited over to Mr. Burns' house cause Mr. Burns and his lovely wife are not going to be able to join us tomorrow night because of a prior engagement. So I digress....

(enjoying a cocktail!)

So after watching "Friends" on TBS we see that they are going to show "The Wizard of OZ". Not just the version we have all seen, but the brand new digitally-enhanced remastered version. So I ask the twins, "Do you want to watch this?"

"Yeah, sure Uncle Tony! It's been a while since we seen it and this is going to be cool to see how remastered it is." I am not kidding, they couldn't wait to see how much better the movie was going to be technologically. (Their dad is a computer geek.)

So we started watching and I was amazed. It really did look like it was filmed in '99 and not '39. Simply amazing. While we were watching I understood why I loved this movie so much.

It's still SO GAY!

Come on! The cowardly lion IS gay! How else do you explain the perm and red bow at the end?

And it starred Judy Garland who begat Liza Minelli.

Comments:
AND Liza's daddy was gay, too!

The movie did look just lovely and we watched it for a little while until I left the room for, oh, about 8 seconds and it was on ESPN for the rest of the evening...
 
The cowardly lion IS gay!

That IS a great movie. There's no place like an America where a splash of cold water can melt the wicked witch of the west and Kansas is more home than the wonderful world of Oz.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?