Thursday, November 17, 2005

 

More good press--

Here's another positive review for the gay cowboy movie, "Brokeback Mountain".

"Brokeback Mountain" could be the mainstream gay romance that many people have been waiting for. One Toronto wag called it "the gay 'Gone with the Wind'." "Of all the gay-themed films I've watched," says Damon Romine of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, "this is the first one I've seen about two men in love, told in a way that straight people can relate to. People don't have to be gay to understand loss and longing and unrequited love. Hollywood churns out endless variations on the theme of forbidden love. This is a new take on that genre, a film that has tremendous potential to reach and transform mainstream audiences."

Comments:
I'm so looking forward to seing this movie.

And hypoxic is right, they will feel threatened, not just the religious right but the plain ignorant.. I will never in my life understand the thought process (if they think) to provoke such hate and fear they have. It's sad, that's really all there is to it.

But times are changing, and we'll all be part of the change...so yes, there is hope
 
Hey there GiG! Welcome to my blog! I do believe this is your first visit outside the Kickin Ass blog or the greek isle (dawn's place). Come back often!
 
For the rightwingers to get bent over gay movies makes about as much sense as me going postal on straight couples after watching Titanic.

FYI-I LOVE Titanic! My partner thinks it's hilarious that I scawf at other straight love story lines in movies but adore this one.

I guess I can understand that whole falling in love with someone that you weren't meant to fall in love with and the world doesn't approve or understand thing. That's all Titanic is so that's why I love it.

For the same reason, I think people will identify with and love Brokeback Mountain.
 
I really don't give a shit what religious fundamentalists think about anything really, much less the films of Ang Lee.

I read the story and I was immobilized by it for three days. It moved me to tears. It was quite literally devastating.

I am optimisitic that the film will be good and that it will do very well commerically.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?