Thursday, November 10, 2005

 

Swept out with the trash--

It's not science! That seems to be the rallying cry for voters in Dover, PA who voted out the entire school board (all Republicans) who were up for re-election and replaced them with Democrats. This is the school district that's involved in a bitter court fight about intelligent design being taught in biology class. Seems the voters had the final say. Isn't Democracy great? When it's allowed to work the way our forefathers intended.


"My kids believe in God. I believe in God. But I don't think it belongs in the science curriculum the way the school district is presenting it," said Jill Reiter, 41, a bank teller who joined a group of high school students waving signs supporting the challengers Tuesday.

UPDATE: I was sitting here watching the NBC Nightly News and they just ran a story about a comment that Pat Robertson made about the citizens of Dover , PA. He basically said that they had voted God out of their city and if a disaster were to hit the town, they were on their own. WTF! Can these crazy fundigelicals get any more crazy? I am sure they can but REALLY!

Comments:
I swear ... just as I think that that the far right-wingers have sunk as low as one could possibly go, they come up with something even more obsurd!
 
As another blogger just told me, Pat Robertson is a gift that keeps on giving.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?