Saturday, December 24, 2005

 

Family Traditions--


So here we are all together on Christmas Eve! We are the kind of family that tries during the holidaze to maintain some type of normalcy! We are NOT normal during the rest of the year!

Here is the usual timeline on Christmas Eve:

Everyone does their last minute Christmas shopping.

Jackie D and Marilyn Merlot come over even though Jackie is Jewish and Miss Merlot is not. They are the twin's godparents so they are part of the family.

We have early evening cocktails and appetizers and everyone socializes.

And then we sit down to a nice Christmas Eve dinner. (The menu included a nice London Broil and an Orange Cranberry glazed pork roast and salad and vegetables and twice baked potatoes.)
It was yummy!

The Good Doctor and his wife were there. Just Zack, Sis, Bro-in-law, the twins, and me!

We eat and then we open table presents. Yep, everyone gets a cool present to open while eating dinner. Tonight I got a cool Auburn Tiger ornament made of Georgia marble that is a limited edition. That's the best table present ever!

So the conversation starts to revolve around one of the twins table presents. He got skateboard wax. (Who knew they made such?) So he comes up and say's something like, "Will this wax work on my wood?"

I busted a gut and so did The Good Doctor and then he looked at me and said, "This is so going into your blog, isn't it?"

He's heard about the popularity of my blog but has not personally checked it out.

And after dinner we start the usual traditions. We all get new dated Hallmark Christmas ornaments to open and hang on the tree and we get new Christmas pajamas (Sis calls them the new crimmus peebajaybas) to open. I got the best box of everone to open. It had a drag queen fuck me pump on the front. This picture is the actual pic of the box. I loved it! Sis accidently found this box in the middle of a pack that was damn ugly, according to her. She chuckled when she was wrapping them and thought of me. I love my Sis.

And then we watched a movie, "The Christmas Story" (we have the leg lamp that comes out every Christmas just like the movie). It's a family tradition.

Comments:
Merry Christmas, Tonito

May your loved ones
always be gathered around you,
May your friends find
their way to your door.
May the spirit of Christmas
and Heaven's own joy
be with you forever more.
 
The twin's comment about the wax slayed me!

Sounds like you all have some really fun traditions for Christmas Eve. New p.j.s are a GREAT idea.

Have a wonderful, wonderful day!

p.s. - I am so jealous of the leg lamp! I'm watching 24 hours of a Christmas story on TBS right now since I can't sleep.
 
Merry Christmas Tonito!!

Thank you for sharing your story, sounds like you and your family had a wonderful evening.

{{hugs}}
 
That's so cool that you guys actually have a replica of the Leg Lamp. A Christmas Story is my absolute all-time favorite Christmas-time movie. :)
 
Yeah, stolie. We love that movie and there's a future story about how we received the leg lamp that Sis needs to tell.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?