Friday, December 09, 2005

 

More Positive Brokeback Buzz--


'Brokeback' opens new vistas

Modest in scale but with an epic feel, this 2ΒΌ hour portrayal of star-crossed sheep tenders casts Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal as two ill-educated drifters you sense at once will not be ending their days collecting corporate pensions. Ledger is halfway between inarticulate and taciturn but perhaps wiser than he initially seems. His more outgoing friend-turned-lover is a Texas rodeo cowboy with slightly more worldly experience.


Comments:
I'd like to see this, I'm currently trying to find a cinema near me that will be showing it and also trying to get someone to come see it with me! Does anything happen in it or is it a slow burn?
 
Not sure when it hits Orlando - but I will be there...
 
Nics, good luck with finding that cinema. It opens this weekend here in the States only in NY, LA and Chicago. Hopefully it will hit wide release next weekend. I may have to wait a while in this small rural conservative community to see it unless I venture into Atlanta first.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?