Tuesday, December 27, 2005

 

Tony Soprano--

So tonight I go over to Sis's for dinner and I end up watching the annual Capital One Bowl Week on ESPN. The first one on was the Champs Sports Bowl (a.k.a. Tangerine Bowl) where we pulled for the Clemson Tigers to win against the Buffs of Colorado. (We have Clemson family connections and they are also Tigers. We get along because we rarely play.)

Next up is the Insight Bowl from Phoenix featuring the Sun Devils from Arizona State against Rutgers. Rutgers? Really. Rutgers always sucks. But not this year. It is their first bowl game since 1978. Trust me I know. I had to read about their lousy football teams in the paper because it was all the college football news I could find at the time.

In 1997 I moved from Birmingham, AL to Mahwah, NJ because of a new job for 4 years. So being the college fan I regularly got my sports fix via reading the paper while eating lunch. I still do this when out for lunch. Even with the internet I still like to read while I am eating lunch. When I lived in Birmingham during football season I would get to read all Auburn all the time. Guess what? They don't write about Auburn in New Jersey, they write about Rutgers.

So I became a geographic fan because I lived there.

So tonight I watched the Insight Bowl and rooted for Rutgers to win. Besides, Tony Soprano was there before kickoff and was the talk of the game. I hear he went to Rutgers. Sshh!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?