Sunday, February 05, 2006

 

WOW and OMG!!!

This is the last 48 hours of my life:

(IN REVERSE)

Sunday late evening:

Thank god I made it home safe and sound! Just got home from an after Super Bowl party at Mr and the Lovely Ms Burn's house, (You've met them before!) We started out at a party above the Cigar Bar downtown that we were privy to an invite and all was good. Good food and good drinks and the Super Bowl on the Big Screen. Lotsa peeps we knew and some we didn't and some we wish weren't there. But it got too smoky because of bad ventilation and we left at halftime.

And we went back to Mr and the Lovely Ms Burn's house for the after party. The Good Doctor was there too! It was turning into quite the social event.

Sunday early evening:

So we get to the Super Bowl party above the Cigar Bar and we start mingling with folks! Everybody in our group knew someone there so if was a lot of kissy kissy face face when we got there! Ms. Burns and I both had our "GAYDAR" go off on a couple of guys in the crowd, It was too funny!

The Good Doctor turned into Dr Feelgood right before my eyes. The conversation turned to Brokeback Mountain and he wanted to know if it was good. I told him yes and he said really and then I asked Bro-In-Law what he thought and he agreed. And then threw out "I was looking for action and the only action I saw was in the tent." We laughed!

Sunday afternoon:

We watched the Georgia Force lose to the Colorado Crush because our good friend Prentiss Purnell started for the first time on the Force. He was a teammate of Bro-in-law on the Rome Renegades team last year. (I will have to explain that later.)

Saturday late late late evening:

I march into Sis's and Bro-in-law's bedroom and announce:

"I wish I knew how to quit You!"
They both laugh hysterically. I love them.
They make me get up everyday day.

Saturday late late evening:

So we get home after bowling and everyone is pooped. (We remembered that SNL had Steve Martin and Prince on tonight so we TIVO'ed it) So we played it and then everyone pooped out.
So we were getting ready to bed. Sometimes when I stay at Sis's I have to borrow peebajaba's (sis's word) So I aked for some and I got a short silk robe (as a joke).

I put in on!

Saturday late evening:

Ever since we saw Brokeback Mountain my Bro-in-law has been making sexual innuendos only because he knows how much it teases me. And for that I love him!

Saturday evening:

So we are at the local bowling alley doing the Cosmic Bowling thing with the Nephews and their Friends (they are all skater dudes) and their Cool Parents after catching the movie and we drink lots of pitchers of beer. And we got a special visit with us from Aubie Jr and his MOM.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention that I fell off the steps at the Bowling Alley on our way out. Sis blamed it on my shoes (I was wearing my Mules!) but I think it was the number of cups of cheap draft beers. LOL!

Saturday afternoon:

I bought the tickets! Yep Sis and Bro-in-law and I went to see Brokeback Mountain. I am at a loss for words. It was beautiful. At the end both I and Sis were crying, And the audience behind us was crying too. And it was an audience that was as diverse as the country. Both young and old, coupled and single. And the best part was when noone in the theatre walked out after the sex in the pup tent scene. Yep, here in the most reddest of the reddest part of the red state of Georgia, I saw a bit of understanding and hope! (Or am I dreaming??)

Comments:
Well - that sounds like a busy fun day...
 
I certainly home that you meant the past 48 hours of your life and not the last 48 hours of your life! I'd miss hearing about Dr. Feelgood and what might be his closeted passions. I'd miss your funny stories. And the candy! How I'd miss the candy! :)
 
SWEET!!! Sounds like the same response I heard in the theatre here in Nashville! Maybe there is hope.
 
Callie: There is always hope! If we could just turn off the hate spigot (FOX)(Limbaugh) etc.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?