Thursday, May 25, 2006

 

I was lied to and I didn't even know it!


While we were getting ready for dinner tonight, one of the TWINZ asked me a question.

And I answered him and he immediately said, "How do you know that?"

"I read it in the Newspaper." I replied.

"The newspaper lies!" he said.

I could not believe that I was hearing this. "Why do you think that the newspaper lies?" I asked.

His reply was that his teacher in school told him that newspapers lie. I tried my best to explain that if newspapers were to print nothing but lies that they would not be trusted and no one would buy the papers. I tried to re-educate him and explain that the purpose of the press was to keep aggressive government from taking too much control and I think he may have understood.

Why would a teacher tell him that newspapers LIE? That is the root of this rant...

But wait, I do live amongst the few remaining 33% of Bush supporters and they may have sucked the life out of my nephew.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?