Thursday, May 18, 2006

 

Say Goodnight, Gracie!!

Goodbye Will and Jack and Grace and Karen!

You will be missed. I remember when we first met. It was the fall of 1998 and I had no idea that Will was gay based on the NBC promos that were shown that summer. All I knew was that Will and Grace were two roommates who looked like they had lots of fun and got into mischievous situations not unlike me and my ex-roommate Gwynnie!

And then I caught the first episode and I was hooked. I was living in New Jersey all by myself without my close family and without my close friends. Ellen had come out the previous spring and quickly got cancelled.

And you all helped fill the void and gave me comfort. I made sure that Sis and Bro in Law would watch too so that every Tuesday night (yep this was before the big move to must see Thursday) I would call them and we would laugh together at the hysterics of those crazy sidekicks Jack and Karen.

It seems like only yesterday.

Thank goodness for syndication as you will forever live on eventually landing on TVLand or Nick at Nite and hopefully future generations will go, "Remember when 'Will & Grace' was the only gay thing on TV!"

Hopefully!!

Comments:
i cried watching it. ;) and i hadn't even been watching it lately. but i saw the last show and got all choked up.
 
I think the first gay thing I ever saw on tv was probably either the first gay kiss in a British soap(Eastenders) or 'Queer as Folk' on Channel Four which I think started in 1998. 'Queer as Folk' was groundbreaking over here, I remember watching a scene of three men in bed together thinking "Oh so that's what gay men do." It had never really crossed my mind before then.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?