Tuesday, June 27, 2006

 

Today is the day--

37 years ago on June 27th, 1969 is the day the pride movement began with the raid on the Stonewall Inn in the Village. The NYC cops raided the club and the clientele revolted and thus began the Gay Pride movement.

I can honestly say that I have been to the Stonewall Inn and watched Hillary march in the parade in 2000 when she was campaigning for the Senate from the second floor balcony. And that is my most fond memory of living in the northeast. It definitely was NOT the winter weather.

I was also there in 1999 for the parade and have the 30th anniversary T-Shirt to prove it. I also have my best friends Gwen and Wynn as witnesses as they were there with me...

Comments:
So when are you coming back to New York?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?