Thursday, September 07, 2006

 

When in Rome Do As the Romans Do--

Okay Kids! Tonight was the beginning of the Rome International Film Festival and I attended the opening night film and the after film GALA and all I have to say is WOW! For volunteering I got an all access pass to all of the events.

It was "Our Very Own" and it starred: Allison Janney from "The West Wing", Keith Carradine (Gwasshopper) from "Kung Fu", Cheryl Hines from "Curb Your Enthusiasm" on HBO and John Ritter's son, Jason who is a Hottie!. Also coming out of retirement was Mary Badham (Scout from "To Kill a Mockingbird" who has not acted since her Oscar nominated role). I got to hang out with some of the cast (Mary Badham) and it was absolutely fabulous. Also met the Director and HE IS HOT TOO! Got them all to autograph my official program.


It was a Southern Film that has yet to be picked up for distribution and I cannot explain why. The local audience was in stitches and laughing hysterically most of the time and crying at some scenes all through the movie. I asked some of the other filmmakers at the Gala and they said that the national distributors did not get all the southern humor. WTF?


At the GALA I met some wonderful independent filmmakers who made one of the short films, "The Bread Squeezer". They were fantastic and I may be seeing them again in a few weeks as they have invited me to the Birmingham "SideWalk" Film Festival in a couple of weeks where they will be attending as well. I feel like a mini celebrity...... are you jealous???

I like hanging out with all the Artsy Fartsy people. We have alot in common!

More tomorrow as the Festival lasts all weekend.

And yes I took pictures that will be posted later.....

Comments:
I am jealous! I'm such a whore about reading The Superficial and Popsugar and The Star Magazine. Filmmakers are hot! But not as hot as film festival volunteers! ;) I can't wait to see the pictures.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?