Monday, December 26, 2005

 

Surviving Christmas!


(Editor's note: Sis inspired the title of this post.)

So tonight we had the perfect ending to the holidaze (I think I may need to italicize "daze" at the end of that word for literary effect in future posts. Hmmm!)

Anyway, there I go again, about to take a tangent. It runs in the family! Trust me.

(Land the plane, dammit!)

So we end up at a Second Birthday Bash for our favorite Aubie Jr. (His hair is Auburn and his father has the diploma.) They fit right in!

Yep, he was born the day after Christmas and his parents are part of the "family". (Not blood related but could have been in a past life kind of related hence the quotes around the word family.)

(Also different from the "family" that is multi-colored and has a rainbow flag who sometimes are referred to as FOD: Friends of Dorothy.)

It was a blast !

And then we end up at Sis's for the last game of ABC's version of Monday Night Football. It was very surreal. Almost like a funeral for a dear departed friend. They showed retro flashbacks of all the games.

And then the holi"daze" came to a full circle. I came into the room and heard John Madden say "the offensive line has got to keep the penetration out of the Jets' backfield".

And then I thought about Dr. Feelgood (the evil twin of The Good Doctor) only because his mind is always in the gutter. And thanks to his blog whoring yesterday, he finally makes it to another post. It could get interesting. I may have created a monster.

PS: Sis, we DID indeed survive Christmas and we will again!

PSS: We usually rent a Christmas movie (pictured) to watch Christmas Eve and due to technical and self-inflicted difficulties, I have to return it to Blockbuster without having seen it. I don't need to. I have lived it and my version has to be better than the movie. Just sayin'.

(Editor's Note: It was not my fault for saying that the daze on the end of holidaze was supposed to be italicized and not in quotation marks in the next to the last paragraph. That was how the author wrote it. Unfortunately, he has final approval.)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?